If you are reading this, you might want to discover how to pair a FireStick remote with your device. In this article, we’ve tried to cover all the possible methods to do so.
Let’s get started!
Did you know?
You can have more than seven remotes paired to your Fire device at a time!
Amazon Fire TV Stick is an excellent way to enjoy your favorite TV shows or films or even stream live performances. But your TV won’t be so smart if you don’t know how to pair your FireStick remote control with your TV.
As we stated in the beginning, you can pair up to seven remotes to your FireStick device. This involves the remote you received with your original device, game controllers, replacement remotes, and the ones you operate on your phone.
At times, when your remote stops operating, unpairing and re-pairing it with the device resolves the issue.
Pairing your remote is as easy as eating or walking. Let’s see how you can pair, unpair, and re-pair your FireStick remote!
How to Pair a FireStick Remote in 2022
In most instances, the FireStick comes automatically paired with the device, and touching one or two keys would do the work. However, in some cases, you may have to set up a FireStick remote manually.
There are many ways where you can pair the FireStick remote with your device. Let’s explore each!
How to Pair a FireStick Remote While Setting Up the FireStick
When you initially set up FireStick/Fire TV, you need to pair the FireStick remote.
In fact, the very first element of setting up the FireStick is to pair the remote so that you can operate during the setup method.
To pair the Amazon Fire TV Stick remote while the setup, the system will ask you to press the Play/Pause switch on the remote.
And it’s done!
How to Pair a New/Existing Remote When It Gets Unpaired
If the remote that arrived with your device gets broken for some reason and stops working, you will need to replace it.
Similarly, you’ll also need to pair this new remote with your device before you can even start utilizing it. To do that, follow these steps:
1. Unplug the FireStick device and re-plug it in after 10 to 15 seconds.
2. When you see the main screen, your remote will be ready for pairing.
3. Press and hold the Home button of your FireStick for about 20 seconds. You will get a note at the bottom of your TV screen when it has successfully paired.
Note: If the FireStick remote won’t pair the first time, repeat this method until the FireStick remote is paired.
How to Pair a Second/Alternative FireStick Remote
As you might know by now that you can pair more than one remote with your Fire device. You can easily pair a replacement remote with your FireStick. Follow the given steps to pair one or two remote controllers with your FireStick:
1. Navigate to Settings from the top menu bar of your FireStick main screen.
2. Select the Controllers & Bluetooth Devices option.
3. Then, click on Amazon Fire TV Remotes.
4. On the following screen, select the Add New Remote option.
5. Touch and hold the Home key of your new remote for about 10 seconds. FireStick will start scanning for a new remote.
6. When the device finds a new remote, you will see it in the remotes list. Utilizing your current remote, touch the Select button to verify the new remote pairing.
7. You will see a note when the remote pairing process will be over.
One of the best-hidden traits of Fire TV is the capability to use several official and third-party applications as remotes. You just have to pair the device, and you’re good to go!
How to Pair Your Smartphone as Remote
The FireStick application is available for both Android and iOS cellphones. Here’s how you can pair the phone with your FireStick using the app:
1. Download and install the Amazon Fire TV application on your mobile phone.
Important: Please remember that you need to connect the FireStick device and the phone on which you have installed the app to the same Wi-Fi network for the application to run.
2. Launch the app on your phone, and you will notice the listing of Fire TV devices at the end of your app screen. Pick the device you want to connect to.
3. Enter your login details and sign in to your Amazon account.
4. Your Fire TV device will reveal a code on its window. Enter the same code on the app, and soon the app will be synced with your FireStick.
That is it! Now you can utilize your smartphone to manage your Fire TV. The app contains all the commands of a remote.
You can also use your phone to pair a second remote by following the steps we’ve provided, as your phone also works as a remote.
Pair a FireStick Remote with the TV Controls
The FireStick and Fire TV remotes come with the primary TV controls. You will see the following TV switches on your remote that sync with the IR profile of the TV:
- Power ON/OFF
- Volume Up/Down
Again, these keys do not manage your FireStick. They sync with your TV and work it out.
In many instances, these buttons pair with your TV automatically. But, sometimes, you might need to do it manually.
If your TV buttons are not running, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
1. Go to FireStick Settings from the main screen.
2. Choose the Equipment Control option.
3. Click on the option Manage Equipment on the following screen.
4. Select the TV option on this screen.
5. Pick the option Change TV.
6.Select Change TV when you see this screen:
7. Wait for the process to complete.
8. If FireStick discovers the TV correctly, select YES
If not, select NO.
9. If you clicked NO above, the system will ask you to select your TV company. Proceed and follow the onscreen directions to set up the TV control.
How to Unpair FireStick Remote
If you need to use your remote with another FireStick device, you will first have to unpair it from the current device. You cannot unpair a FireStick remote if you are using a single remote with one FireStick device.
But you can unpair it when you have another Fire device and wish to pair this remote with the other Fire device. You can also utilize the Fire TV app to unpair the remote.
Here are the steps to unpair one of your current remotes from the FireStick device:
1. From the main screen of your FireStick, go to Settings.
2. Open the option Controllers and Bluetooth Devices option.
3. Select Amazon Fire TV Remotes on the next screen.
4. Pick the FireStick remote you want to unpair. Touch the menu key, the button with three lines, on the other remote.
Remember: Pressing the key on the remote you want to unpair will not work.
5. Touch the Select key on the other remote.
This is how you can unpair a FireStick remote if you are utilizing two remotes. You can now use the remote that you unpaired with any other FireStick or Fire devices.
If your remote suddenly stops running, and you don’t know how to fix it, you can read our guide on How to fix FireStick Remote Issues.
Usually, the FireStick remote comes automatically paired with your Firestick. Under any circumstance, if it is not, now you know how you can do it manually.
Pairing the FireStick remote with your Fire device is an easy and simple method. You don’t need to be tech-savvy to do so. All you have to do is follow the directions given in this tutorial to pair any FireStick remote to your TV.
We hope this guide will help you when you face any pairing issues.
- 1 How to Pair a FireStick Remote in 2022
- 2 How to Pair Your Smartphone as Remote
- 3 Pair a FireStick Remote with the TV Controls
- 4 How to Unpair FireStick Remote
- 5 Closing Thoughts